Fintech Genome

Which fintechs are driving financial inclusion?

I thought you would be interested in learning about a new initiative that recently launched. Inclusive Fintech 50 is a brand-new competition that will identify promising early-stage fintechs driving financial inclusion around the world. This initiative, funded by MetLife Foundation and Visa with support from Accion and IFC, aims to make early-stage fintechs more visible to investors and other partners that can help them scale and reach the 3 billion financially underserved people globally. Additionally, it will help investors in their efforts to identify and assess the fintechs contributing to inclusion.

Fintechs can apply at the website (www.inclusivefintech50.com) and I’d be grateful if you could share this opportunity with your network – especially with fintechs, investors or others you think would be interested. I’ve attached an overview that you can share and the website has additional information. Of course, let me know if you have any questions!

I tried nominating the fintech I represent. I got the message

“We are sorry! You do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria. Please click Submit to end this session.”

Is this not open to the fintechs having received Series C funding or those having received funding above a certain limit?

Thanks,

Hi @ashokrambhia,

Thanks for taking the time. Yes, the competition is only open to ‘early-stage’ fintechs, defined as those who have raised less than $25m USD. You can find the full eligibility guidelines here: https://www.inclusivefintech50.com/faq (about halfway down the page).

Thanks

Yes. Saw this little later.
Thanks, Nikhil.

Cheers,