Daily Fintech Conversations

Where will the next Warren Buffet come from?

Will the next Warren Buffet be an empowered DIY person who built an empire with Fintech trading tools? Would it be through the democraitization of private equity? Warren Buffet out of some Angel List?

OR

Will the next Warren Buffet come out of a social trading platform (like Etoro, Zulu etc) focused on the very liquid publicly traded assets classes?

OR

Will the next Warren Buffet come out the thematic investing platforms (like Motif investing or Wikifolio)?

OR

Will the next Warren Buffet come out of using Bid Data analytics in a new way (natural language processing, sentiment analysis on text and prices)?

OR

Will the next Warren Buffet jump out of the cryptocurrency world?

What we surely know is that the next Warren Buffet, wont come out of lending money on lending markteplaces.

1 Like

I reckon Bern (well known as the Fintech Capital of the World) :sunglasses:

Bern is Omaha of Switzerland?

yes, but with better mountains

1 Like

I believe in the potential of Social Trading, but if we talk about a Warren Buffet type of wealth, then I believe the winner will be Big Data, with Social Trading generating part of that Big Data flow.

1 Like

Buffet started with small amounts of capital. He had discipline and smarts but also bet on one big tailwind - the post war US Economy. Somebody starting out know would have small amounts of capital and may choose a different tailwind.

This video is very good on how he did it

He started with $100k of which $100 was his own money! Even allowing for inflarion - say 7x that - it is tiny starting pot

1 Like