Blockchain and the possibility to record identities on it is a hot topic. I am doing research on this topic for a book that I am writing in how blockchain can be used to create a better world. Identity is a major part of this, especially taking into consideration the millions of people who don't have formal form of identity. Therefore, I have a few questions and I hope someone can help and we can start a discussion on this topic:
- What is identity?
- What are the current problems with identity?
- Should we put identity on the Blockchain and if so, how should it be done?
- What are the advantages / disadvantages of doing so?
- What are the challenges of putting identity on the Blockchain?
- What are some interesting use cases of identity on the Blockchain?
Thanks and looking forward to hearing any input.